The gang is back together to discuss the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final. Our special guest Dave Steeves shares his experience as an audience member in Lisbon and we all weigh in on the dubious honor of the Barbara Dex award.
This week we finally check in on the Grand Final results, including Austria’s surprise jury win and the awkwardness of Israel’s overall win. We look at the semi-final results and which countries just missed qualifying and which countries barely made it to Saturday’s show. There were some surprise entries up for consideration for the Barbara Dex fashion faux pas award, but the right country… won? Mike and our guest Dave Steeves also share stories of what it was like in the arena during the semi-finals and the jury final before sharing summer plans for the podcast.
- Grand Final wrapup (2:24)
- Rating the rankings (21:17)
- The semi-final bubbles (26:17)
- Barbara Dex award (32:33)
- What were the stage setups like? (38:58)
- How do the results work during the jury final? (43:35)
- What did you think of the hostesses? (46:39)
- Programming notes (47:27)
- Episode Title (@JimMFelton)
- Barbara Dex Award announcement (Song Festival)
- Official Eurovision results (Eurovision.tv)