We know the Eurovision Song Contest will be in Israel1 in May, so now is the perfect time to start planning your vacation!
First, Mike and Ben go over some of the news items from the last couple weeks. Will there be boycotts of the 2019 Contest? Denmark doesn’t think so, while Estonia and Spain are full speed ahead on their Eurovision plans. America’s Got Sweden’s rig from this year’s Melfest while Madame Monsieur met their song’s namesake. Also: ninjas. VIP ninjas.
After playing catchup, we offer our advice on how to make your way across the pond to attend next year’s Eurovision. Do you have your passport yet? How can you get to Europe/Israel and back on the cheap? Where should I stay? HOW DO I PAY FOR THIS?!
Don’t panic. Place your carryon in the overhead bin and listen to this week’s episode of the EuroWhat to get a head start on your European vacation.
- Eurovision in the Wild (0:00)
- Getting Your Passport (12:01)
- Getting to Europe and Beyond (14:54)
- Options on Where to Stay (23:49)
- How to Save Up for a European Vacation (29:16)
- A few more things to consider (34:47)
- Eurovision and national final stars sign letter calling for boycott of Eurovision 2019 (WiWiBlogs)
- America’s Got Talent performance inspired by Sweden’s Benjamin Ingrosso? (ESC Xtra)
- Imri Ziv (2017) on Israel Ninja Warrior VIP (Mako)
- U.S. Passport Form Finder
- U.S. State Department: Israel Travel Information
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or your podcast catcher of choice. When you subscribe, feel free to rate and review us. We welcome your feedback and the ratings will help other folks find this podcast.
You can also follow us on Twitter @eurowhat, see our photos on Instagram @eurowhat, and like us on Facebook. Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. We can also be reached by email, if you prefer.
- Maybe Tel Aviv, maybe Jerusalem ↵