Ben flies solo this week after getting too caffeinated while prepping for the last Eurowhat of the year. He develops a theory about Eurovision in the last decade and makes an audio essay about it. It involves snacks.
- How to define a decade (1:48)
- Pop, with a Folk flourish (4:15)
- Power ballads! (6:10)
- The Azerbaijan Pop machine (9:00)
- Italy returns (11:18)
- Fuego, Replay, and repetition (14:48)
- Folk, with a Pop flourish (17:26)
- Interesting choices, struggling titans (19:06)
- Balance shifts again (22:18)
- Hit Parade: Rolling in God’s Uptown Road Edition (Slate)
- Episode 69: Ben’s Grand Eurofying Theory Playlist (Spotify)
- Interstitial music in this episode from https://filmmusic.io ||
“Beauty Flow” by Kevin MacLeod || Creative Commons License
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or your podcast catcher of choice. When you subscribe, please rate and review us. We welcome your feedback and the ratings will help other Eurovision fans find this podcast.
You can also follow us on Twitter @eurowhat, see our photos on Instagram @eurowhat, and like us on Facebook. Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. We can also be reached by email, if you prefer.