Music critic Ned Raggett joins us to discuss rockism, poptimism, and why Eurovision songs are worthy of critique.
- Welcome, Ned! (1:00)
- Newsdesk: Eurostream 2020, Eurovision in Concert, Europe Shine a Light, Blas Cantó duets with Kelly Clarkson (4:32)
- What is “poptimism”? (12:36)
- Poptimism vs. Rockism (23:56)
- The Rise of Eurovision in the US (34:15)
- Where to find Ned: Twitter @nedraggett | Patreon | By-the-Bywater
- 333Sound (33 1/3 Project)
- The Reconsideration of Abba, a Band Beyond Taste (Pitchfork)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or your podcast catcher of choice. When you subscribe, please rate and review us. We welcome your feedback and the ratings will help other Eurovision fans find this podcast.
You can also follow us on Twitter @eurowhat, see our photos on Instagram @eurowhat, and like us on Facebook. Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. We can also be reached by email, if you prefer.