We welcome Helen Groothuis back to the show to workshop how on earth the American Song Contest is supposed to work?
Americandom is Naujo! Episode Summary
This episode’s conversation is a bit more freestyle than usual, so timestamps don’t make a whole lotta sense. However, here are a number of topics that we touch on, more or less in order:
- Variety publishes the first story about the American Song Contest announcement
- Who is Ben Silverman and why is Mike jealous?
- Are there any reality competitions we haven’t watched? (Ed Note: No.)
- What network(s) could broadcast this?
- What are our hopes/dreams/fears/lingering questions on how this is supposed to work?
- Can we come up with a better title than American Song Contest?
Plus, we debut our newest website widget that allows you to record audio and send it to us! Check out our Sound Off page for more info.
- Intro Clip: “Wells for Boys” (Saturday Night Live / YouTube)
- Cover Photo by Austin Neill on Unsplash
- US Version of Eurovision Set for 2021 (C21 Media)
- Helen Groothuis on Twitter | YouTube | Patreon
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or your podcast catcher of choice. When you subscribe, please rate and review us. We welcome your feedback and the ratings will help other Eurovision fans find this podcast.
You can also follow us on Twitter @eurowhat, see our photos on Instagram @eurowhat, and like us on Facebook. Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. We can also be reached by email, if you prefer.